I have worked for over thirty two years in renewable energy including biomass and waste to energy, Solar and hybrid energy solutions, distributed generation, decentralized energy and environment sectors and allied areas.
Specializes in the field of renewable energy and development, especially focusing on clean biomass and waste to energy based thermal energy solutions (gasification, combustion, torrefaction/pyrolysis, anaerobic digestion) for fuels/power cooling/drying and heat solutions and policy areas, including agriculture, industries, transport, commercial and rural sectors.
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
August 2010 to August 2021
Senior Fellow and Associate Director, Renewable Energy Technology Applications Area
August 1997 to August 2010
Fellow, Energy-Environment Technology Division
August 1993 to August 1997
Research Associates, Renewable Energy Technology Applications Area
January 1989-August 1993
Research Assistant, Energy-Environment Technology Division
Bio Trend Energy
Membership & Recognition
- Member – Expert Panel on Research & Technology Development for Blending of Agro-residues with coal in Thermal Power Plants constituted by Department of Science and technology (DST)
- Member – Project Monitoring Committee on Biomass Gasification through Plasma Pyrolysis Technology for Chemical Production constituted by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India (MNRE)
- Member – Core expert panel for solar energy research and development: Convergent solar solutions constituted by Department of Science and technology (DST)
- Member– Project Appraisal Committee (PAC) constituted by MNRE for evaluating and recommending proposals for biomass based power, bagasse based cogeneration projects.
- Member – of a Study Steering Committee constituted by TIFAC for overall steering and guidance of the study on ‘Biofuels – Current status and R & D Roadmap’.
- Member – of Expert Committee constituted by NAFED for management of farm waste/residues
- Member – Technical Appraisal Committee for evaluating the proposals for setting up Renewable Power Plants, HAREDA, Haryana Government Member – of a Study Steering Committee constituted by TIFAC for overall steering and guidance of the study on ‘Biofuels – Current status and R & D Roadmap’.
- Member – of Sub-group on Solid Biofuels PCD 7 of Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS)
- Member – Implementation Support Group (for implementation of Decentralised Distributed Generation Projects under Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Rojgar Yojna) under Ministry of Power, Government of India (2009-2013)
- Member – Panel of Experts on RD&D Project Proposals on Biomass Cook stoves under the National Biomass Cook stoves Initiatives constituted by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Member – Working Group to monitor the energisation of villages electrified under RGGVY – constituted by Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- Member– Working group for “Decentrilized Rural Electrification Policy” in VE-SuRE Project Management Unit
- Member – Committee to review Decentrilized Distribution Generation (DDG) under Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojna (RGGVY)
Honors & Awards
- The energy globe award 2001 in the category for sustainable energy is received for our project titled “introduction of gasifier technology in silk industry”.
- The energy globe award 2002 for the project “Improving profitability and sustainability of Indian Crumb Rubber Industry by introducing gasification technology”.
- World bank – India Country-level Development Market Place 2004 – Improve Rural services and Quality on Sustainable biomass based model for rural electrification
- The EDF Pulse Award 2014 on two-stage biomass gasifier technology